The 18V LXT® Lithium-Ion 1/2" Hammer Driver-Drill (model XPH03Z, tool only) delivers a full 750 in.lbs. of Max Torque and 18% more speed, yet it is more compact and weighs less than the previous model. The XPH03Z has the torque and speed that contractors demand, and it is engineered for increased resistance to water and dust. For drilling and driving, Makita has delivered a total solution. (battery and charger sold separately)
It’s part of Makita’s expanding 18V Lithium-Ion series, the world’s largest cordless tool line-up powered by an 18V Lithium-Ion slide-style battery. Makita 18V Lithium-Ion batteries have the fastest charge times in their categories, so they spend more time working and less time sitting on the charger.
For improved tool performance and extended battery life, Makita created Star Protection Computer Controls™. Star Protection is communication technology that allows the Star Protection-equipped tool and battery to exchange data in real time and monitor conditions during use to protect against overloading, over-discharging and overheating. For increased versatility, the tool can also be powered by Makita 18V LXT® and Compact Lithium-Ion batteries with the star symbol on the battery indicating Star Protection inside.
The XPH03Z is engineered with a Makita-built 4-pole motor that delivers an industry-leading 750 in.lbs. of Max Torque, with 30,000 BPM and 2,000 RPM. The new all-metal planetary gear system is more efficient so the XPH03Z is also more compact at only 8-7/8” long and 5.1 lbs. with battery.
The XPH03Z features Makita Extreme Protection Technology (XPT™). XPT™ is a protective seal inside the tool engineered for improved water resistance by channelling water and dust from the tool’s key internal components. The XPT-equipped XPH03Z is engineered for improved operation in harsh jobsite conditions.
XPH03Z - 18V LXT® Lithium‑Ion Cordless 1/2" Hammer Driver‑Drill, Tool Only
- Mechanical 2-speed transmission (0-400 & 0-2,000 RPM) covers a wide range of drilling, fastening and hammer drilling applications
- Compact and ergonomic design at only 8-7/8" long
- Makita-built 4-pole motor delivers 750 in.lbs. of Max Torque
- Weighs only 5.1 lbs. with battery (battery not included) for reduced operator fatigue
- Extreme Protection Technology (XPT™) engineered for improved dust and water resistance for operation in harsh job site conditions
- All metal gears and aluminum gear housing for maximum jobsite durability
- Shift-Lock™ Drive System quickly shifts between modes
- Dual L.E.D. lights with afterglow for enhanced illumination of work area
- Ergonomic shape fits like a glove with even pressure and easy control
- Rubberized soft grip handle provides increased comfort on the job
- Equipped with Star Protection Computer Controls™ to protect against overloading, over-discharging and over-heating
- Rapid Optimum Charger communicates with the battery's built-in chip throughout the charging process to optimize battery life by actively controlling current, voltage and temperature (battery and charger sold separately)
- Rapid Optimum Charger has a built-in fan to cool the battery for faster, more efficient charging (battery and charger sold separately)
- Makita technology delivers category-leading charge time so the battery spends more time working and less time sitting on the charger (battery and charger sold separately)
- Compatible with Makita 18V Lithium-Ion batteries with a Star symbol (battery sold separately)
- 3-year limited warranty
- Battery and charger sold separately
- Only use genuine Makita batteries and chargers
- (1) Side Handle (126131-8)
- (1) Depth Gauge (122576-8)
- (1) Belt Clip (346317-0)