The Makita 18V LXT® Lithium-Ion Cordless ½” Driver-Drill (model XFD03M) delivers high torque, power, performance and improved ergonomics in a compact size. The XFD03M weighs only 5 pounds with a superior power-to-weight ratio for a full range of drilling and driving applications.
It’s part of Makita’s expanding 18V Lithium-Ion system, the world’s largest cordless tool system powered by 18V Lithium-Ion slide-style batteries. Makita 18V Lithium-Ion batteries have the fastest charge times in their categories, so they spend more time working and less time sitting on the charger.
For improved tool performance and extended battery life, Makita created Star Protection Computer Controls™. Star Protection is communication technology that allows the Star Protection-equipped tool and battery to exchange data in real time and monitor conditions during use to protect against overloading, over-discharging and overheating. For increased versatility, the tool can also be powered by Makita 18V LXT® and Compact Lithium-Ion batteries with the star symbol on the battery indicating Star Protection inside.
The XFD03M is powered by a Makita-built 4-pole motor with bigger front end ball bearings, and delivers a full 750 in.lbs. of Max Torque. The new planetary gear system and transmission has been redesigned for increased durability in a more compact size, so the XFD03M is 8-7/8” long and weighs only 5 lbs. for superior power to weight ratio.
XFD03M - 18V LXT® Lithium‑Ion Cordless 1/2" Driver‑Drill Kit (4.0Ah)
- Makita-built 4-pole motor delivers 750 in.lbs. of Max Torque, 25% more than the previous model LXFD01
- Mechanical 2-speed transmission (0-400 & 0-2,000 RPM) for a wide range of drilling and fastening applications
- Extreme Protection Technology (XPT™) engineered for improved dust and water resistance for operation in harsh job site conditions
- All metal gears and aluminum gear housing for maximum job site durability
- Shift-Lock™ Drive System quickly shifts between modes
- Dual L.E.D. lights with afterglow enhanced illumination of work area
- Ergonomic shape fits like a glove with even pressure
- Rubberized soft grip handle provides increased comfort on the job
- All metal ratcheting chuck engineered to prevent bit slippage and improves bit retention
- 21 clutch setting for optimal fastening torque control
- 18V LXT® Lithium-Ion 4.0Ah battery BL1840B features an integrated L.E.D battery charge level indicator
- 18V LXT® Lithium-Ion 4.0Ah battery BL1840B provides up to 35% more run time per charge compared to 3.0Ah battery BL1830
- 18V LXT® Lithium-Ion 4.0Ah battery BL1840B reaches a full charge in 40 minutes or less
- Equipped with Star Protection Computer Controls™ to protect against overloading, over-discharging and over-heating
- Rapid Optimum Charger communicates with the battery's built-in chip throughout the charging process to optimize battery life by actively controlling current, voltage and temperature
- Rapid Optimum Charger has a built-in fan to cool the battery for faster, more efficient charging
- Makita technology delivers category-leading charge time so the battery spends more time working and less time sitting on the charger
- Compatible with Makita 18V Lithium-Ion batteries with a Star symbol
- 3-year limited warranty on tool, battery and charger
- Only use genuine Makita batteries and chargers
- (1) 18V LXT® 1/2" Driver-Drill (XFD03Z)
- (2) 18V LXT® Lithium-Ion 4.0Ah Battery (BL1840B)
- (1) 18V LXT® Lithium-Ion Rapid Optimum Charger (DC18RC)
- (1) Side Handle (419216-0)
- (1) Bit Holder (452947-8)
- (1) Belt Clip (346034-7)
- (1) Tool Case